Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My adult diary has no lock, lucky you!

Like every 8-12 year old girl, I owned a few diaries in my time. They came complete with the little lock that could be opened without a key and just a little effort when pulling. However, I felt secure writing whatever I wanted since I had the keys and the diary had the lock. Hindsight is always 20/20, huh. Well, I'm no longer 10 and typing on a white background isn't as exciting as writing with a sparkly pink gel pen that smells like strawberries. But, I read somewhere that journaling helps you to remove mental blocks and thus allows you to use all of your brainpower to better understand yourself. I don't know how you feel about yourself, but I believe I know myself pretty well. I mean, hey, I'm in these shoes all day, everyday....what else is there to learn? The more moms I meet through London, the more I realize that moms feel more peer pressure than kids in high school. Every mom I know follows at least one blog that explains to them how advanced their child is, how clean their house is, how they decorated every room of their house with recycled trash, how they are able to feed a house of 5 for just pennies, they post pictures of their "casual" outfits that look like a Gap ad, and that it's 100% normal for a post baby body to fit into a victoria secret swimsuit. I'm not saying these blogs are bad. I read many of these blogs and they help motivate me to do things better in my own life. If you fall into one of these categories, then I'm happy for you. You should be proud of everything you are and everything your family is. However, I am writing my blog for all of the moms, heck not even moms, all the women who doesn't fit into any of those categories. Keeping a diary may be helpful for a 12 year old. I'm 25 and I think sharing my experiences with other women is better therapy. Being able to tell someone, no I don't fit into my pre-baby bathing suit and I never will, is comforting. We all know that a child changes things, just like a marriage. Your body changes, your priorities change, your whole personality starts to change. You are no longer Ashley, but you become Mom. This blog just allows me to have some time as Ashley. I hope you follow, comment, share, and enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment